Sunday, February 24, 2013

10 Ideas for Delicious Smoothies

So half the country probably thinks I'm crazy for posting something about smoothies in February, but in my defense, it's 71 degrees outside right now, with next week hitting the mid-80s. Welcome to San Diego, friends! (The mid-80s thing is a little excessive, I must admit, but I don't control the weather apparently.)

I love making smoothies. Usually, at least once a week, I'll take all the leftover fruit from the week, or whatever frozen fruit I have handy, and throw it in the blender. My 4 year old will eat, rather drink, at least two servings. She doesn't even realize it's healthy!

I always use coconut milk, just because cow's milk makes my tummy wonky, but feel free to use any kind of milk you enjoy most! You can even omit the milk and use yogurt or ice cream for a slightly thicker smoothie. If your smoothie is too thin, add a few ice cubes and blend again.

Here are some of my favorite combinations. Feel free to mix and match! Do you have a favorite smoothie combination? Share it in the comments!

1. The Hawaiian
Coconut milk, pineapple juice, pineapple, strawberries, banana, shredded coconut.

2. Banana Berry
Milk, berry juice (mixed berry or any berry), strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, (or a frozen berry mix), banana, honey.

3. Blue Green Dream
Blueberry juice, blueberry yogurt, blueberries, spinach, honey.

4. Citrus Boost
Orange sherbet, orange juice, tangerine juice, honey.

5. Peaches N Cream
Milk, peach yogurt, orange juice, peaches, banana, honey.

6. Leftover Fridge
Milk, apple juice, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries, banana, blueberries.

7. Berry Delicious
Milk, strawberry yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon (just a dash)

8. Apple of my Eye
Milk, apple juice, chopped apples, blueberries, bananas.   

9. Caribbean Splash
Coconut milk, pineapple juice, orange sherbet, mango, banana, pineapple.

10. Protein Package
Almond milk, vanilla Greek yogurt, quick oats, strawberries, bananas.   

Browse all my family's favorite recipes HERE

Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts