Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu for the Week. June 26-July 2, 2011

I went out to the garden this week to find 11 Green Bell Peppers! So, one dinner (and the next day for lunch) we will be having Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches. I have chicken in the freezer to use for the Buttermilk Chicken Tenders, and the Orange Chicken is from the freezer as well. The Taco Meat also needs to be defrosted for our Taco Salad. So, I'm basically just buying sausage, fresh fruits, veggies, and incidentals such as milk and bread.


Sunday, June 26
Dinner With Family

Monday, June 27
Sausage and Pepper Sandwiches
Chips
Carrot Sticks

Tuesday, June 28
Homemade Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
Steamed Veggies
Potatoes

Wednesday, June 29
Taco Salad
Cilantro Dressing
Warm Tortillas

Thursday, June 30
Orange Chicken
White Rice
Steamed Veggies

Friday, July 1
Pizza
Green Salad

Saturday, July 2
Leftovers

(Photo Credit)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I need some help on growing bell peppers!! Last year and this, my single plant has only produced one pepper. Sad, I know!

    An older lady I know said that I had to have at least two plants so they can pollinate. I'm hoping that's my ticket to success for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, this is the first year we've actually had production. And, I think there is something to the cross-pollination. Last year we got one tiny pepper, the size of a jalapeno. This year, with 3 plants, they've been larger and more plentiful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts