Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recipe of the Week-Mini Cheesecakes


I make this delightful dessert for many family get-togethers. I've learned to make a double batch so nobody cries or gets trampled. Make this recipe for any summer BBQ, and you will be the hit of the party!
Mini Cheesecakes
  • 2 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
  • 8 TBS Melted Butter
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 2 (8 oz) packages Cream Cheese
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 (21 oz) can Cherry Pie Filling
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line miniature muffin tins with miniature paper liners. 
    • Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar in a medium bowl.
    • Fill each mini muffin tin half full with graham cracker crumbs. 
    • In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
    • Fill the mini muffin tins, almost to the top, with the cream cheese mixture. 
    • Bake for 15 minutes. Top with a cherry from the cherry pie filling. 
      • Note: I highly recommend using name brand cream cheese. I have made this several times using store brand cream cheese, and the texture was lumpy instead of fluffy. Every time I use name brand, however, the texture is perfect.
Adapted from Allrecipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts