Friday, August 5, 2011

Homemade Pre-Chopped Garlic!

I love the convenience of pre-chopped garlic, but I rarely, if ever, buy it because it's so much more expensive than buying a head of garlic for $0.25! So, how excited was I to read about this idea the other day, of making your own containers of pre-chopped garlic??? It's super easy...and you only need two ingredients!

  1. Place desired number of garlic cloves in food processor. Process until chopped to desired size.
  2. Scoop chopped garlic into airtight, sealable container. 
  3. Cover garlic with olive oil.
  4. Close container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
  5. Once garlic is gone, use garlic flavored oil to flavor pasta or salad dressing.
  6. Note: 1/2 tsp pre-chopped garlic equals one clove.
I made this tonight and it took literally 30 seconds...and I don't need to bother chopping up garlic for my next recipe...or four!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts