Monday, August 15, 2011

Menu for the Week. August 14-20, 2011

Greek Feta Chicken, with Warm Pita and Balsamic Mixed Greens
Sunday, August 14
Greek Feta Chicken
Warm Pita Bread
Green Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette

Monday, August 15
Mexican Chicken Soft Tacos
Corn on the Cob
Mexican Rice

Tuesday, August 16
Homemade Cheese Pizza
Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Wednesday, August 17
Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado Sandwiches
Balsamic Salad with Toasted Walnuts

Thursday, August 18
Baked Potatoes with all the Fixins
Steamed Broccoli with Homemade Jalapeno Cheese Sauce

Friday, August 19
Homemade Spinach Lasagna
French Bread

Saturday, August 20
Leftovers

I plan to spend $65 this week. Here's how:
  • Using other protein sources besides meat.
    • The homemade spinach lasagna is a good source of protein, since it has three different kinds of cheese, and all my side salads will include toasted walnuts for extra protein. As a result, I only have to purchase one package of chicken and one package of bacon for the entire week.
  • Using one main side dish throughout the week.
    • I'm making up one batch of salad dressing, which will last me the entire week, as well as one box of salad greens. The other side dishes are fresh, in-season vegetables that I can get very cheaply.
  • Making homemade when possible!
    • I am making homemade pizza crust, salad dressing, and cheese sauce. Making these items myself will save about $8 this week.
Hungry for more? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

    Popular Posts