Saturday, January 3, 2015

Kitchen Hack: Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken

*Follow Me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest*




One of my big goals for 2015 is to spend less time in the kitchen, and more time with my kids. I feel like I'm always cooking (or cleaning up from cooking), and what was late afternoon suddenly becomes after dinner and bedtime. So, this year I want to use my Crock Pot more, create more freezer meals, and spend less time in the kitchen while still making healthy meals and not resorting to take out...well, at least for January. It's the little victories...

I have a bunch of easy prep, freezer friendly recipes that call for cooked, shredded chicken, but by the time I'm done cooking and shredding the chicken (not to mention basting and seasoning if I'm getting it off a whole baked chicken), I may as well have made a lasagna from scratch or just bought a $9 supermarket rotisserie chicken. But, wait, wait, wait! Using your crock pot, you can make a week's worth of shredded chicken at one time! Whoa. This changed my life, people.


 Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
  • 3 lbs chicken (boneless skinless breasts, bonless skinless thighs, or combination)
  • 6 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
  • 2 C chicken broth
Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on high 3-4 hours, or low 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred or chop. (It will shred easily.) Chicken can be used immediately, refrigerated for 3-4 days, or frozen for a month. 

Pin This!




1 comment:

  1. Your Slow Cooker Chicken looks great, I love the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen
    A New Follower

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts