Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Living Joyfully-Simple Pleasures

Too often, we get into a routine and forget to look at the little things in life. Time rushes by so quickly, we don't get the chance to slow down and appreciate the simple pleasures of life. 

Today, I urge you to get a notebook, make a list of simple pleasures, and try to enjoy at least one every single day. Keep the list running. Once you focus on the simple pleasures, you will find more and more things that give you joy.

Sometimes the little things mean more than the big things in life.

Here are a few of my simple pleasures:
  • Laying in the backyard, watching the clouds roll by.
  • Fresh, clean, crisp sheets
  • Snuggling with my toddler
  • A smile from my husband
  • An ice cold fountain soda
  • A brand new magazine in the mail
  • A card in the mail from a friend
  • Fresh chocolate chip cookies out of the oven
  • Sitting in the sun with an ice cold glass of lemonade
  • The smell of a brand new book
  • Cleansing, relaxing, deep breaths
  • A hot shower after a long day
  • A sleeping child in my arms
  • Warm towels straight from the dryer
  • Hot cocoa on a cold night

    What are your favorite simple pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts