Friday, May 27, 2011

Paper Plate Fish Art Project

This was a fun little project that we enjoyed doing. First, you'll need glue, a paper plate (with a wedge shape cut out to make the tail,) tissue paper, paint, and a large googly eye.

Have your child paint the paper plate and the tail.

Then, have your child attach the tissue paper (the fish's scales). If the paint is still wet, you can put the tissue directly on the paint. If it has dried, use a little glue. Glue the googly eye onto the fish.

While my little one was doing the project, I read aloud this book about fish.

Finally, glue the tail onto the fish body, and let dry. (I like to let it dry on foil, so the paint doesn't stick.) Enjoy the finished product!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts