Thursday, August 11, 2011

Albertson's Trip AND a Shopping Tip!

In the coupon blogging world, word travels like wildfire. So, imagine my excitement when I heard a rumor that I could pick up Dreyer's Ice Cream for FREE at Albertsons!

Supposedly, if you purchased two cartons of Dreyer's ice cream, a $4 coupon off your next shopping order would print out. Since the ice cream was on sale $2/6, and I had a $1/2 coupon, and a "Double the Value" Albertson's store coupon that took another dollar off, I was getting the ice cream $2/4, AND said $4 off my next order coupon, making it essentially free.

Being the planner that I am, I did two transactions, with my second transaction adding up to exactly $4 to use that Dreyer's coupon!

I scanned my card, handed over my coupons, and waited for that $4 coupon that would take care of my next transaction. So, imagine my shock when the only coupon that printed was 20% off my next Payless Shoe Source order! I felt like that kid in A Christmas Story, when he finally revealed the secret message, only to have it read "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine." Begrudged, I paid for the lettuce and bananas out of pocket.

So, I learned a very important couponing lesson today. Never count on a coupon or deal unless you have confirmed it at your local store.  See, I make these mistakes so you won't have to =) 

Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Community on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts