Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Costco Price Comparison...Pantry Staples

Luckily, pantry staple items such as canned foods and other non-perishables are often on sale and have coupons for them. However, some things at Costco are below my "stock up" price, such as chicken broth and chicken stock, (the biggest Costco "winners" of the week.) Worcestershire Sauce, Diced Green Chilies and Rotel. All the other items were regularly cheaper at Costco than the grocery store, but when paired with a sale and coupons, the store would end up being cheaper. 

Want to follow the rest of this series? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Betsy! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your thoughts on the Costco coupons this month? The one that caught my eye was BOGO organic diced tomatoes. We definitely have the space for 16 cans, but wasn't sure if you thought it was worth it. We've also been eating a lot of Nutella lately and $2.50 off sounds good but I don't actually know what the regular price is. My kids love the Dannon Danimals too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline! The BOGO Diced Tomatoes ARE a good deal, in my opinion. It would bring the cost of the tomatoes down to about $0.48/can (in my area.)

    I'm trying to remember how much the Nutella was--it wasn't in stock when I did this particular comparison, so I couldn't input it, but I think that would be a good deal, since Nutella with coupon and sale price rarely gets lower than $2/small can.

    The Danimals are a new product in our store, but I think I worked the price to be about $1.25/4 pack with Costco coupon. I may be mistaken, but I believe that was the price.

    The other product that was decent was the Frosted Mini Wheats...with Costco coupon it would be the equivalent of paying $1.79/18 oz box at the store. I've noticed the price of Frosted Mini Wheats going up, and there are not many manufacturer's coupons that cut the price significantly.

    ALL Laundry Detergent was also a good deal, if you use that brand.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts