Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fast, Fun, Frugal Recipe-English Muffin Pizzas

Growing up, my mom used to make us English Muffin pizzas quite frequently. So, I make these for my family now, and they are always a hit. They are an inexpensive (and healthier) alternative to Bagel Bites, and are ready to serve in less time than it takes to preheat the oven. You can use any pizza combination to make these (my husband likes pepperoni and my daughter likes cheese). I made a Margherita English Muffin pizza yesterday, and it was delightful! Inexpensive, and on the table in 10 minutes!

Margherita English Muffin Pizzas (Makes 8 individual pizzas)
  • 4 English Muffins, split (8 English Muffin halves)
  • 3 TBS fresh chopped Basil
  • 1/2 C fresh diced Tomatoes
  • 3/4 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/2 C jarred or homemade Pasta or Pizza Sauce *OPTIONAL* (I don't use sauce for the Margherita pizza, but you can if you want to.)
    • Toast English Muffins in a toaster until slightly crispy.
    • Spread 1 TBS pasta/pizza sauce if desired, on English Muffin half. 
    • Sprinkle 1.5 TBS cheese on English Muffin half.
    • Sprinkle 1 TBS tomatoes over cheese.
    • Place on a broiler safe pan, and stick under the broiler until crispy and cheese is browned.
    • Sprinkle with fresh basil, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts