Monday, August 29, 2011

This Week's Menu Plan...August 28-September 3, 2011

I can't believe it's already September! While this has been one of the hottest weeks of the summer around here, I can already smell the essence of apples and cinnamon that signal the arrival of Fall. This week, I'm tapping into some "Fall Favorites", despite probably needing to crank up the AC to help the ambiance.

I have set aside $65 for this week's grocery budget. I spent $45 today getting all the main necessities for our meals, which leaves me $20 for later in the week, when we need to restock the fresh fruit and veggies, and get fresh bread for our meals. 

I'm saving money this week by making several inexpensive, fresh meals. The salad costs very little, because I only need to purchase the lettuce and strawberries. Everything else I have in the pantry, and the chicken is leftover from the night before. The Minestrone Soup is also inexpensive, since it uses lots of in-season vegetables, and makes a big batch. (It is a wonderful freezer-friendly recipe as well.) I am also cooking extra meatballs to store in the freezer for a future meal.


Sunday, August 28
Peach Whiskey BBQ Chicken 
Smashed Potatoes
Steamed Carrots

Monday, August 29
Minestrone Soup
Italian Bread

Tuesday, August 30
Greek Chicken Gyros
Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
Greek Salad

Wednesday, August 31
Strawberry Balsamic Salad with Chicken
French Bread

Thursday, September 1
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Green Salad
French Bread

Friday, September 2
Beef Tacos
Spanish Rice
Carrot Sticks

Saturday, September 3
Leftovers

Breakfasts
Cinnamon Rolls and Fruit
Toast, Peanut Butter, and Fruit (x2)
Bagels and Fruit
Waffles and Fruit (x2)
Pancakes and Fruit

Lunches
Leftovers x 5
Out to Lunch x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts