This project combined several different art techniques: collage, stamping, painting, and of course, the ever crucial glittering.
Since we were doing a Dolphin Collage, I wanted the background to be blue for the ocean. I used two shades of blue construction paper, and had my daughter rip the paper into various shapes and sizes.
She then glued down the ripped paper onto a large sheet of white construction paper. It had a really fun effect, of various shapes, sizes, and colors.
Then she painted. Yay her. Not so yay me. She's a messy artist. We also used sponges instead of paintbrushes, just to be different. And because I couldn't find the paintbrushes in the black hole that is the art closet.
Dip, stamp, dip stamp, mix colors, repeat. I outsmarted my 3-year old, and didn't give her any colors that would combine to make brown. She knows I prefer bright colors to brown during art, so she intentionally turns everything into brown when she can. Point for Mommy!
Then I cut out two dolphin templates, and had her glue them down.
Finally, she stamped and painted said dolphins. Then she drowned one in a sea of glitter. I promise there were two of them. Then we discussed where dolphins live, how they communicate with each other, and I sang the Flipper theme song as loudly as possible without disturbing the neighbors.
Want to "Flip" through more ideas? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Frugal Momma's Famous Budget Black Beans I love this recipe. I love this recipe so much I give it to everyone I know. I think I've e...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * So, it's no secret that I'm in love with dollar store cookie sheets. Yo...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * Thinking back on the date September 12, 2012 stirs many deep feelings inside ...
-
I’ve sat down to write this post numerous times over the last month. But, I wasn’t feeling very joyful—quite the opposite actually—...
-
I love Christmas. It's possible that Christmas music begins at or around Halloween in my home. I love the Christmas cookies, the Chris...
-
I'm sorry he's loud. I know. We're working on it. He may not have heard your words of venom, but the glare on your face said i...
-
My husband eats Greek Yogurt for breakfast every morning. So, imagine my excitement when I found this online tutorial for making your own yo...
-
I am among a rare group of "native" San Diegans. Unlike permanent snow birds, I was born and raised right here in ...
-
Like most of America, one of my go-to quick fix meals is spaghetti or pasta of some kind. But, truth be told, by the time I get the water b...
-
This is a test of my new site
haha, my youngest loves dumping glitter on anything she can! Who can resist those sparkles?
ReplyDeleteWould love to invite you over to my weekly child centered linky party - The Sunday Showcase to share your idea.
You can link up here - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase
Bernadette