Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekly Menu, February 26-March 2, 2012

Fish Tacos with Slow Cooker Black Beans
This week I'm setting our food budget at $65, though I hope to come in under. Over the weekend, my husband made a batch of Coconut Milk Waffles, and they were excellent. (I wish we would have made a triple recipe to freeze some!) I haven't been able to digest dairy during this pregnancy, but thanks to the waffles and our Dairy Free Smoothies I think I've been converted, and will continue to use coconut milk even after baby arrives.

My husband was disappointed we didn't get his favorite meal, Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches, in last week, but the Buffalo Chicken will make an appearance in the form of wraps using leftover roasted chicken this week.

This week I will also start a new series entitled Make it Or Buy It, in which I'll look at the cost-effectiveness of either making or purchasing various foods and household products. This week I'll take a look at Homemade Applesauce, and share my favorite recipe for organic applesauce along with a price comparison. Join up with our Facebook Community to follow the series and share your thoughts and favorite DIY products.

Breakfasts
-Coconut Milk Waffles, Fresh Fruit x 2
-Cinnamon Rolls, Homemade Applesauce
-Muffins, Homemade Applesauce
-Cinnamon Toast, Fresh Fruit
-Bagels, Fresh Fruit

Lunches
-Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Chips, Fresh Fruit
-Leftovers x 2
-Out to Eat x 2
-Pasta w Steamed Veggies

Dinners
-Spaghetti, Green Salad, French Bread
-Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup, Garlic Toast
-Roasted Chicken, Roasted Veggies, Biscuits
-Buffalo Chicken Wraps, Carrot and Celery Sticks
-Stromboli, Green Salad
-Fish Tacos, Pinto Beans (using black bean recipe with pintos), Steamed Veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts