Thursday, October 4, 2012

Homemade No-Rise Pizza Dough

Friday nights mean one thing in our house...PIZZA! I came across this pizza dough recipe several years ago, and it has been my go-to ever since. The best part, besides the great taste, inexpensive makings, and chewy yet firm texture (I can't stand soggy crust!) is that it's done in only 30 minutes. No rising time necessary! I always pre-bake my crust for several minutes before adding toppings, as I find it allows the crust to cook evenly and avoids the dreaded "soggy crust" conundrum.

Homemade No-Rise Pizza Dough
adapted from allrecipes.com

  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (one packet)
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 C warm water (110-120 degrees F)
  • 2.5 C all-purpose flour (if you want to use whole wheat flour as well, I recommend no more than 3/4 C, otherwise the dough will be tough and gritty. I often use 2 C all purpose and 1/2 C whole wheat)
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in water and sprinkle yeast over top. Let sit for 10 minutes, or until yeast is creamy. Add olive oil and salt. Slowly add in flour. Knead dough until well combined, and smooth. Let sit and rest for 10 minutes.
Spread pizza dough onto well-greased pizza pan, bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, or until crust is set but not cooked. Add sauce and toppings, and put back in the oven for 8-12 minutes, until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Remove pizza from oven, allow to sit for 5 minutes so cheese can set. Cut, and enjoy!

Browse all our Family Favorite Recipes HERE

Come Join Our Facebook Community for Recipes, Inexpensive Menu Ideas, and Grocery Shopping Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts