Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekly Menu-March 24-March 30

These amazing refried beans? My black bean recipe using pintos and mashed up!
I've come a long way in my culinary pursuits. I still have a scar on my right hand, ever immortalizing the great "Frozen Taquito Incident of 1997". Apparently there are burners on top of the inside of the oven. Who knew? 

As a child I would eat plain cheeseburgers, plain noodles, and plain cheese pizza. And not much else. Luckily, I have come a long way in my tastes. Yesterday I made a spinach and mushroom lasagna....two ingredients, had I been forced to eat 10 years ago, probably would have killed me. Now, I love them. I have also branched out to try sushi (eh, raw fish will never be my thing), salmon (it's Stinker's favorite meal!), and blue cheese (sorry, but I go out of my way to avoid moldy cheese, not eat it). I'm open to trying almost any food now. So, there is hope for your little picky eaters! Your chicken nugget connoisseur may grow up to love mushrooms and sushi!

Stinker has been hating on cheese lately. Don't ask me why. I cannot claim to understand why she does what she does. But, she got black beans and fruit when everyone else had lasagna last night. She missed out!

Sunday
Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
French Bread

Monday
Black Bean Burritos
Avocado, Salsa, and Chips

Tuesday
Leftover Lasagna

Wednesday
Black Bean Quesadillas 
Green Salad

Thursday
Lentil Soup 
Biscuits

Friday
Homemade Pizza (toppings TBD)
Green Salad

Saturday
Attending a Wedding

Hungry for More? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community

Find More Menu Plans at OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts