Wednesday, April 3, 2013

5 Ideas for Spaghetti Noodles

Chicken Stir Fry with Spaghetti Noodles and Naan
Spaghetti seems to be the workhorse of the pantry. It's 4:58pm. Your husband will be home in a half hour, and the kids are whining incessantly asking for food. You totally forgot to defrost meat for dinner. What do you do? In my house, this means Spaghetti Night!

Spaghetti is great, but I like options and variety, so here are my top 5 ways to use spaghetti noodles.

1. Stir Fry
-Usually, we serve rice with our stir fry fixins. But, using spaghetti noodles instead makes for a great stir fry dish. Simply stir fry up your favorite veggies and proteins, and toss (including any extra sauce) with spaghetti noodles and serve.

2. Chicken Noodle Soup
-Egg noodles are the traditional noodle of choice for chicken soup, but broken spaghetti noodles are delicious as well (just ask Campbells!).

3. Chili Spaghetti
-If you have leftover chili sitting around (or in the freezer), top spaghetti with chili, cheese, and sour cream for a not-so-authentic Cincinnati Chili variation.

4. Pasta Salad
-For a light summery main course, break spaghetti noodles in half, cook until al dente and rinse to stop the cooking process. Drain well and toss with salad dressing, and veggies such as peppers, spinach, tomatoes, and olives. Add some cheese (such as feta) and some chicken if you'd like, let chill for a couple hours, and serve!

5. Spaghetti Sandwiches
-Whenever I make spaghetti with salad and garlic bread, I inevitably end up making a sandwich out of my meal. Why? I have no idea. But, it's delicious. Just toss some spaghetti noodles with warm sauce, stuff into toasted rolls, top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and lettuce, and drizzle ranch over the whole thing.

One last idea--Freeze Them!
This isn't a recipe, but it's good to know that spaghetti noodles can be frozen for next time. Perhaps whip up a batch of my favorite freezer friendly meatballs, or some of my famous pesto.

Browse all my family favorite recipes here

Come be a member of our Facebook Community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts