Monday, September 22, 2014

CC Classical Conversations: Giant Board Game Review

I've been tasked with coming up with review games for our CC class this year, and I. Love. It. It's so much fun to come up with new ideas, and watch the kids play and learn at the same time.

This Giant Board Game is so simple. I purchased some blank foam dice (if your dollar store doesn't have them, Lakeshore will), and used one to write numbers like a typical die, and the other to write the CC subjects (minus timeline). You'll also need some paper. I used brightly colored construction paper just to keep the kids interested, but you can use any paper you want. I used 12 sheets for 7 kids (each kid should get 2-3 turns).


Just lay out your paper like you would a game board, with some space in between. If the kids are older and more into competition, you can label some sheets with "miss a turn", "roll again", or "go back 2 spaces", etc. I just kept them blank for the sake of the younger kids.

Each child rolls the dice, and is asked a question from the subject he or she rolled. If it is answered correctly, the child then moves forward however many spaces the number die says, and stands on the corresponding piece of paper/board space. First child to reach the end wins.

This was definitely a fun game, and the kids stayed attentive throughout the entire thing!

Pin This! 





Join our Facebook Community
Check out my other CC Review Games HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts