Monday, February 9, 2015

February's Monthly Menu

*Follow Me On Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest*
 

 
Last month I experimented with a monthly menu plan rather than my usual weekly menu plan. It actually worked pretty well--better than I was expecting, so I decided to plan a monthly menu for February as well. I know it's already the 9th, but we were gone all last week (more on that in another post), so I'll start with today and have 3 weeks to plan instead of 4.

I try to clean out my freezer regularly so I always keep things fresh, and here's what I plan to use from my freezer this month:

Proteins
Pork Roast
Stew Beef
Salmon Filets

Fruit and Vegetables
Broccoli
Assorted Frozen Fruit

Homemade Precooked Meals 
Spanish Brown Rice
Carnitas
Spaghetti Sauce

In addition, we are getting about 18 eggs a week from our chickens, so I have one meal every week that uses eggs as the main protein. I just purchased some organic chicken breasts, organic ground beef, and bacon at Costco. What I don't use this week, I will put in the freezer for future meals.

Since I like having options, I've been planning 6 meals for the week, and choosing which day gets which meal depending on what I feel like, time, appointments, etc. One night a week I either prepare something simple (sandwiches, frozen pizza, leftovers, etc), or have take out.

February's Monthly Menu:

Week of 2/9-2/15

Week of 2/16-2/22
  • French Toast and Fresh Fruit
  • Spaghetti, French Bread, Green Salad
  • BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Coleslaw, Chips
  • BBQ Shredded Pork with Coleslaw over Corncakes
  • Beef Stew and Biscuits
  • Beef Stew and Biscuits (this is always better the next day!)

Week of 2/23-3/1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts