We didn't get to the Steak Gyros last week, so we're having that Sunday night, and for lunch Monday.
Monday, I'm doing one of my favorite money-saving meals; Roasted Whole Chicken. I love roasting chickens because I can get so much use out of one bird. This week I'm making three dinners, with 2 lunches worth of leftovers from a single chicken. The Pasta Salad and BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad only call for 1 C of chicken each, and on the night I'm serving Roasted Sticky Chicken, I load up the plate with lots of veggies and potatoes, so we eat less meat. Remember, the recommended serving size for any meat or chicken is only 3 ounces; much less than most Americans actually consume.
I'm making my Famous Black Beans for both the BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad and as a side for our Tamales (which I'm pulling from the freezer.) The pizza is also from the freezer, and Saturday is leftover night.
I'm setting my budget at $50 this week, with $30 for fresh fruits and vegetables. The rest will be spent on the one chicken, a cup of Greek yogurt for the Gyros, Milk, Bread, and other incidentals.
Sunday, July 10
Grilled Steak Gyros
Rice Pilaf
Roasted Zucchini
Monday, July 11
Oven-Roasted Sticky Chicken
Roasted Potatoes
Roasted Carrots
Tuesday, July 12
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad
Focaccia Bread
Wednesday, July 13
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
Warm Tortillas
Thursday, July 14
Beef Tamales
Crock Pot Black Beans
Green Salad
Friday, July 15
3-Cheese Pizza
Green Salad
Saturday, July 16
Leftovers
(Photo Credit, Food Network)
Monday, July 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is a test of my new site
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * So, it's no secret that I'm in love with dollar store cookie sheets. Yo...
-
Follow Me On Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter I love homeschooling. I really, really do. We have chosen to homeschool our kids f...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * Thinking back on the date September 12, 2012 stirs many deep feelings inside ...
-
1. I played baseball as a pitcher until high school. I even got to throw out the First Pitch at a Major League Baseball game. 2. I...
-
The first restaurant my now-husband ever took me to was over Labor Day weekend 2003, a little Italian cafe in Northern California. I have...
-
For this project, you will need paint (any colors), glitter, a marble, a piece of construction paper, and a cookie sheet with sides. If the...
-
My husband eats Greek Yogurt for breakfast every morning. So, imagine my excitement when I found this online tutorial for making your own yo...
-
I'm a sensitive person. I always have been. I once had to sell candy bars for my elementary school sports team. I took my box 'o can...
-
You know when you go to your favorite restaurant, and you know exactly what you're going to order? You get your taste buds all ...

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!