- Take a Step Back
- When feeling overwhelmed, step back from the situation and take a few deep breaths. Don't think about your issues, just think about taking a little break. Sometimes a few minutes of being alone and taking cleansing breaths will help put things in perspective. On difficult days with my little one, I can sometimes get two minutes to myself while she's playing, and that little respite helps me refocus for the rest of the
chaosafternoon. - Find Your Motivation
- Everyone has a driving force that keeps them going. When we're weary, we need to remember what that motivation is. We're expecting our second child in the spring. I sometimes get weary and tired of being sick and not being able to do all the things I'm used to doing. When I step back and think about my motivation: serving my family and growing a healthy baby, things become a little less overwhelming, and I have a goal before me.
- Count Your Blessings
- This is the most important, yet most difficult, part of being joyful when you're "just done." It can be hard to see past current circumstances, but there is always something to be grateful for. Thinking of all your little blessings can help put everything else in perspective.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Living Joyfully When You're Weary
We all get tired and weary. We all need a break. Unfortunately, life goes on--seemingly more out of control--in the midst of trials and personal struggles. This is also the time in our lives when it is most difficult to live joyfully. So, how can we have joy when we're tired and weary with life?
Labels:
Living Joyfully
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Frugal Momma's Famous Budget Black Beans I love this recipe. I love this recipe so much I give it to everyone I know. I think I've e...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * Thinking back on the date September 12, 2012 stirs many deep feelings inside ...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * So, it's no secret that I'm in love with dollar store cookie sheets. Yo...
-
I'm sorry he's loud. I know. We're working on it. He may not have heard your words of venom, but the glare on your face said i...
-
I am among a rare group of "native" San Diegans. Unlike permanent snow birds, I was born and raised right here in ...
-
I’ve sat down to write this post numerous times over the last month. But, I wasn’t feeling very joyful—quite the opposite actually—...
-
This is a test of my new site
-
1. I played baseball as a pitcher until high school. I even got to throw out the First Pitch at a Major League Baseball game. 2. I...
-
I love Christmas. It's possible that Christmas music begins at or around Halloween in my home. I love the Christmas cookies, the Chris...
-
Follow Me On Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter I love homeschooling. I really, really do. We have chosen to homeschool our kids f...

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!