Thursday, December 22, 2011

Art Project-Easy Reindeer Ornament

I have a love-hate relationship with glitter. I love the pretty sparkliness it gives even the most mundane project, but I hate when it gets stuck in the crevices of my tile floor.

This has been a challenging pregnancy including severe morning sickness and bed rest, so I haven't had the opportunity to do much in the way of crafts and Christmas baking with my little one. However, I found an idea for a cute Christmas craft that looked easy and quick enough to finish in just a few minutes. My 3 year old had a fun time and I was glad to do something fun and crafty this season!

 First, trace both of your child's hands on a piece of tan construction paper. Cut them out.

Then trace your child's foot onto a piece of dark brown construction paper and cut it out. Glue the hand prints (antlers) to the foot (face of the reindeer).

Once antlers are glued to the body, glue on a red pom-pom and two googly eyes to finish up the reindeer's face.

Add glitter if you're feeling wild and crazy.

Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top of the reindeer face.

Use a hole protector sticker to strengthen the area.

Wrap a pipe cleaner into the hole, and allow to dry. Hang on the tree and enjoy!

*Note-if you'd like to make this ornament so it will last year after year, use cardboard instead of construction paper.

Merry Christmas from Save Money, Live Joyfully! 
Like What you See? Join our Facebook Community.

2 comments:

  1. Ki made this at preschool and they used that foam board stuff. It will hold up for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really cute i made a reindear from two peices of constuction paper. My hand tracings were the antlers and i used large googley eyes for the eyes ovbs... i also used my sneaker tracing for the head. Lastly I used a big red pom-ponm for the nose. I named him Phillip! <33 oh this a twelve year old ! <33! This is a really cute i dea though! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts