Last week I awoke to one of my most despised creature infestations...ANTS! After trying several "do it yourself" ant ridding techniques, the insects still remained and I thought we would have to call in pest control. After telling my friend of the ant woes, she suggested using cinnamon. Since I purchase cinnamon in bulk at Costco for only $0.25/oz, I had plenty on hand. I sprinkled a couple tablespoons of cinnamon along the door where the ants were crawling in, and around the door on the ground.
The ants retreated nearly immediately, and I didn't think much about it until my neighbor stopped me the other day. "Pest control came today," she said, "We found a line of ants coming from your house over to our house." Mission success!
Apparently the cinnamon works, and my solution cost significantly less than pest control. In addition, I didn't have to worry about my children getting into poison or inhaling pest control fumes.
Want to Hear More Tips? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Getting Rid of Ants the Natural Way
Labels:
Cleaning,
Do-It-Yourself
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Frugal Momma's Famous Budget Black Beans I love this recipe. I love this recipe so much I give it to everyone I know. I think I've e...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * So, it's no secret that I'm in love with dollar store cookie sheets. Yo...
-
I’ve sat down to write this post numerous times over the last month. But, I wasn’t feeling very joyful—quite the opposite actually—...
-
I love Christmas. It's possible that Christmas music begins at or around Halloween in my home. I love the Christmas cookies, the Chris...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * Thinking back on the date September 12, 2012 stirs many deep feelings inside ...
-
I'm sorry he's loud. I know. We're working on it. He may not have heard your words of venom, but the glare on your face said i...
-
My husband eats Greek Yogurt for breakfast every morning. So, imagine my excitement when I found this online tutorial for making your own yo...
-
I am among a rare group of "native" San Diegans. Unlike permanent snow birds, I was born and raised right here in ...
-
Like most of America, one of my go-to quick fix meals is spaghetti or pasta of some kind. But, truth be told, by the time I get the water b...
-
This is a test of my new site
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!