Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Getting Rid of Ants the Natural Way

Last week I awoke to one of my most despised creature infestations...ANTS! After trying several "do it yourself" ant ridding techniques, the insects still remained and I thought we would have to call in pest control. After telling my friend of the ant woes, she suggested using cinnamon. Since I purchase cinnamon in bulk at Costco for only $0.25/oz, I had plenty on hand. I sprinkled a couple tablespoons of cinnamon along the door where the ants were crawling in, and around the door on the ground.

The ants retreated nearly immediately, and I didn't think much about it until my neighbor stopped me the other day. "Pest control came today," she said, "We found a line of ants coming from your house over to our house." Mission success!

Apparently the cinnamon works, and my solution cost significantly less than pest control. In addition, I didn't have to worry about my children getting into poison or inhaling pest control fumes.

Want to Hear More Tips? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts