Monday, November 12, 2012

Freezer Cleanout Week


Every once in a while I put a hold on the grocery budget (except for purchasing fresh produce), and do a freezer and pantry cleanout week. I like to clean things out pretty frequently to ensure I don't lose anything (hello twice baked potatoes from 2009!), and free up space to stock up on more when I see great deals. This time I seemed to have a lot of Italian food in the freezer. Not complaining though! Here's our menu for the week:

Sunday:Minestrone Soup and Garlic Bread
-This is our favorite soup to make, freeze, and eat. I make a ton in the summer with fresh veggies so we have some on hand all winter long.

Monday: Pasta and Meat Sauce, Green Beans, Garlic Bread
-When I make meatballs I like to freeze them in increments of 6. Last time I had 2 meatballs leftover, so I chopped them up, added them to marinara, and made meat sauce. See my 10 ideas for leftover meatballs here.

Tuesday: Breakfast Burritos, Fruit Salad
-I have a pack of bacon and some eggs that expire soon...as well as some bell peppers from the garden that are starting to get soft. I scramble up some eggs, cook up the bacon, saute bell peppers, and stuff in a tortilla with cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

Wednesday: Baked Salmon, Quinoa Pilaf, Steamed Broccoli
-I purchase the big bags of frozen salmon from Costco, as well as their frozen veggies. (Organic veggies fresh frozen for a great price.) I'm due to use the last of the frozen salmon with this meal.

Thursday: Hawaiian Chicken, Grilled Pineapple, Herbed Rice, Green Beans
-Lots of chicken in the freezer...and using one of my favorite canned items: pineapple.

Friday: Stuffed Shells, Green Beans
-I told you there was a lot of Italian food in the freezer! Stuffed shells are kind of a pain to make, so I always make a huge batch so I won't have to make them again for a while.

Saturday: We usually eat out on Saturdays for a late lunch, so Saturday nights are typically leftovers, or something simple like fruit and sandwiches.

Browse all my Family Favorite Recipes Here

Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts