Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekly Menu, Recipes, and a Goal...

I'm embarrassed to announce to the world that we ate out for lunch every day last week. I could come up with the excuses that Junior had doctor's appointments every day around lunch time, and that I wasn't feeling well, and that I didn't have time to go to the grocery store, but there's really no excuse.

We have a tradition to eat out for lunch on Fridays with my husband as a way to celebrate the coming weekend and enjoy a meal out as a family. But, that should be a treat and not an expectation. In addition to costing a lot of money, I start to feel sick if I eat out too often.

So, you all are holding me accountable this week to make sure we eat at home every day! I planned ahead a little more to try and include a set lunch menu as well.

Monday:
Lunch- Bean Burritos (I made a batch of beans the other day, and we finally finished them off today), Fruit
Dinner-Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli

Tuesday:
Lunch- Smoothies and Breadsticks (using some leftover pizza dough from Sunday)
Dinner-Veggie Omelets, Bacon, Fruit Salad

Wednesday:
Lunch- Ham Sandwiches, Fruit
Dinner- Chili and Cornbread

Thursday:
Lunch- Ham Sandwiches, Fruit
Dinner- Leftover Chili and Cornbread

Friday:
Lunch- Out with Daddy!!
Dinner- Baked Potato Bar, Broccoli

Browse all our Family Favorite Recipes

Join our Facebook Community

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts