I've recently started at-home school lessons with my three year old, which included turning our dining room into a classroom. It's been so nice having a dedicated reading, art, and play area. Yesterday, I decided to do an "ocean" lesson. I thought we could have a beautiful blue background, covered with beautifully decorated paper fish and other ocean creatures, while reading a highly educational ocean book.
Well, of course that wasn't going to happen.
I should have realized the project was not going to be as amazing as I'd hoped when I decided to freehand draw the fish. It looks more like a Goldfish cracker than a fish from the sea. Oh well. So we continue.
Didn't have any blue construction paper, so had to settle for white with blue paint. It's okay. Then came the googly eyes and the glitter.
Then I freehand drew jellyfish...which my daughter thought were actually octopus...so, octopus they will be. Notice how massive this Fish-Zilla is compared to the octopii.
So, the final product included many things not found in the sea. Turtles, an 11-eyed Fish-Zilla, and some dinosaurs stickers. But, my daughter had fun, got to sprinkle glitter to her heart's content, and we were able to spend a half hour of sweet time together, which is all I can ask for.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Kid's Art Projects...Fun is Better Than Perfect
Labels:
Art Projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Frugal Momma's Famous Budget Black Beans I love this recipe. I love this recipe so much I give it to everyone I know. I think I've e...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * Thinking back on the date September 12, 2012 stirs many deep feelings inside ...
-
*Follow Me on Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter * So, it's no secret that I'm in love with dollar store cookie sheets. Yo...
-
I'm sorry he's loud. I know. We're working on it. He may not have heard your words of venom, but the glare on your face said i...
-
I’ve sat down to write this post numerous times over the last month. But, I wasn’t feeling very joyful—quite the opposite actually—...
-
I am among a rare group of "native" San Diegans. Unlike permanent snow birds, I was born and raised right here in ...
-
This is a test of my new site
-
Follow Me On Facebook , Pinterest , and Twitter I love homeschooling. I really, really do. We have chosen to homeschool our kids f...
-
For this project, you will need paint (any colors), glitter, a marble, a piece of construction paper, and a cookie sheet with sides. If the...
-
I love Christmas. It's possible that Christmas music begins at or around Halloween in my home. I love the Christmas cookies, the Chris...
This looks great!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shellee...at least my little one had fun :)
ReplyDelete