Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekly Menu, March 4-9, 2012

Since I haven't been able to tolerate dairy, I've been experimenting with non-cow's milk products. Some have been a hit (coconut milk is my new favorite baking ingredient), while some have been a horrible miss (a soybean does not have mammary glands, therefore it should not be the source of a product marked as "cheese"). I've managed to substitute for almost every dairy product, but I could not find a way to make pizza taste like, well, pizza.

Enter Buffalo Mozzarella. It's creamy, rich, and yes, I'll admit a splurge. (Since I really only needed to purchase produce this week, it was still in our budget.) I made BBQ Chicken Pizza the other night using the Buffalo Mozzarella and it was very good. A little tangy from the cheese, but a great substitute for cow mozzarella. So, now I'm on a pizza kick. In fact, I can't wait for pizza night this week!

Here's the rest of our menu this week:

Breakfasts
-Muffins and Fresh Fruit
-Oatmeal with Fresh Fruit and Toast x 2
-Coconut Milk Pancakes and Fresh Fruit  x 2
-Bagels and Fresh Fruit

Lunches
-Leftovers
-Out to Eat x 2
-Ham Sandwiches with Chips and Fruit x 2
-Peanut Butter and Celery with Chips

Dinners
-Chicken Fajitas (marinated in homemade mojo), Chips and Salsa
-Sausage, Pepper and Mushroom Pizza, Green Salad
-Spaghetti (homemade sauce from freezer), Green Salad, Garlic Bread
-Baked Salmon, Brown Rice, Steamed Green Beans
-Strawberry Balsamic Salad, Garlic Bread
-Leftovers

Hungry for More? Join the Save Money, Live Joyfully Facebook Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts