Sunday, April 14, 2013

I Lost a Good Friend Today...

This is Jedidiah Jericho. Little Jed. Faithful friend, sweet puppy, gentle soul. He just turned 13 a few weeks ago, and became an angel in Doggie Heaven this weekend. He was a snuggler (when he wanted), a protector (though only 11 pounds, he once tried to take on a possum to "protect" us), and hungry (even with multiple allergies, he would try and sneak bacon.)

He was a faithful friend in every sense of the word. He never held a grudge, he was always excited to see me, he would lay his head on my shoulder and let me hold him like a baby...when I felt like no one else understood me, I could pick up Jed, hold him close, and his smelly little puppy kisses would turn the world okay for a little while. He will be greatly missed, and fondly remembered.

When he was a puppy and I was a goofy kid, I would dress him up and take pictures. He was always so patient and waited faithfully for the promised treat once I was finished. I always knew Jed saw himself as a human. He had more facial expressions than I've ever seen on a dog, and a real sense of humor. The first take of these now-famous-amongst-friends-and-family Jed shots was precious. He sat there dutifully while I arranged his hat and the pose.


 But, by the eighth shot...

You could tell he was a little annoyed. The glare! That was Jed. I'll miss him, and I'll always love him. I am so grateful for the sweet puppy he was.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sorry to hear this. Such a member of the family. Sending our best from the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts