Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekly Menu-May 29-June 4, 2011

This week, I will try to make use of leftovers and freezer meals.

Monday, we are grilling BBQ chicken (on sale for $1.97/lb). I will be making 3 extra chicken breasts...1 BBQ piece for pizza on Tuesday (recipes for leftover BBQ chicken to come Tuesday!) and 2 pieces seasoned in chili powder and paprika for enchiladas on Wednesday. The Orange Chicken is from the freezer, and the Basil for the pesto comes from our garden, as well as most of the veggies for the week.

Because I'm using on-sale chicken for most of my meals, I only have to purchase produce, and a few odds and ends for the week. I hope to keep my budget at around $55. We usually have leftover dinner for lunch the next day, so that cuts down on the grocery store runs even more.

Sunday, May 29
Family Get-Together

Monday, May 30-MEMORIAL DAY
BBQ Chicken
Grilled Potatoes
Grilled Veggies

Tuesday, May 31
BBQ Chicken Pizza (Recipe to Come Tuesday!)
Green Salad

Wednesday, June 1
Chicken Enchiladas
Black Beans
Green Salad

Thursday, June 2
Orange Chicken
White Rice
Steamed Veggies

Friday, June 3
Pesto Pasta
Steamed Veggies

Saturday, June 4
Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love hearing from my readers!

Popular Posts